Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Unfortunate Spider

There was once a spider that lived in a porcelain home.
Safe and secure in a big white dome.

Spinning his web, placidly did he sit.
T'was a pity I didn't foresee my emergency visit.

The deed had to be done, but I didn't want him to perish.
The dance of the spider, a futile fight to the finish.

I nervously withheld my breath, was he foe or friend?
I was already grinning, for the ordeal was about to end.

He held on to his ever-strong web, he was going to live today.
And I gulped as I absentmindedly flushed him away.

A sad day for all spiders, an insignificant funeral.
But that's the story of how the spider died in a Public Urinal.

All written text is copyright of the writer/owner - © Arvind

4 comments:

CrazyDiamond said...

hehe...nice.

Da Rodent said...

lol :)

Deepu Vasudevan said...

extremely cute poem. :)

Arvind said...

Crazy Diamond -+>
Thanks.. And Hi!


Rat Man -+>
I know... It almost really happened.. ;)


Deepu -+>
Thanks.. I'm never going to write anything like that again, now that you've called it 'cute'..