Saturday, August 21, 2010

Loser

Silly girl from yonder
I shall never forget you.
Even though I grew fonder
Of that sweet kiss you blew,
Or your shimmering hair,
Or the scent of your skin.
It wasn't ever fair
I never wanted to win.

You told me it was a game
When it all began.
You told me I was lame,
And then you ran
For the finish line,
Leaving me at the start.
A shiver ran down my spine
We were falling apart.

You obviously had your share
Of cleverly disguised,
Clandestine love affairs.
And even though I despised
Your loathsome face,
I gave way to your soft voice.
In such a scary place,
Did I really have a choice?

But I will ask you one thing.
Before we part,
Could you please bring
Me back my broken heart,
And some super glue.
Yes, it's that thing you've split
Down the middle in two.
If you don't mind, I'd like to reuse it.

And if it's not too much to ask,
While you're up in the air,
Please don't let me bask
In the horrid glare,
Of the sun, so hot.
Just fly away witch.
I'll be rooted to this spot.
I'm gravity's bitch.

1 comment:

Da Rodent said...

"fly away witch" ... <3

"gravity's bitch" ... <3