Monday, March 31, 2008

Mighty Falafel

Half past 11, overtime,
I'm overworked, underpaid
"Why doesn't the clock strike sooner?"
I constantly whine

The most exciting part of my day
Is racing across the street
And grabbing that last falafel
Before the cart speeds away.

The elevator bell
I can't believe it still works
I must be earlier than usual
Oh, glorious falafel.

An empty park bench!
Why do I feel so lucky?
I check my soles for gum
A sticky mass I wrench.

Who is this woman? Why the haste?
I see through her clothes
And feel like a pervert
My eyes down her waist.

Unknown to the self, a tale is made
She's a part time hooker
Part time day, part time night
At least someone's getting laid.

I wake up from a sordid slumber
Did I imagine it all?
Who dares awaken me?
The mighty sound of thunder.

I stare from where I stand
Watching the midnight lights
On a murky lake
I see the shadows expand.

************************************************************************************
----------------
Now playing: Poets Of The Fall - Carnival Of Rust
via FoxyTunes ----------------

All written text is copyright of the writer/owner - © Arvind

5 comments:

Ms. Lane said...

Reading the title, I expected something rather humorous. I am surprised at how the poem shifts. Good work.. Keep writing!

Macadamia The Nut said...

Hmmmm... I'm impressed! Its easy to write something with words sounding like they are newly hatched from a thesaurus. But this... beautiful!

farustar said...

wowo wow weeeee! wendy! nice stuff...i like the way your stuff just flows!

Arvind said...

@ Rini -+>
Lol.. I was thinking along the lines of funny myself, but I wanted to try a different rhythmic pattern which had to look pretty and have a spot of subtle humour too..
I don't know how far along I came..


@ Macadamia The Nut -+>
Lol.. Some of my poems do need a thesaurus.. But they do make sense..
Once you refer the thesaurus that is.. Haha..
Thanks nonetheless.. :)


@ Farah -+>
Flows? Did you say flows??
My poems are drab most of the time.. This means the rhythmic theme actually worked! Yay! :)

Da Rodent said...

Hmm..