Saturday, December 6, 2008

Apocalypse

Near distant future,
Where are you now?
I need some closure,
I need to know how,
The world will end.
Will it be soon or late?
I cannot pretend,
To predict my fate.

An explosion?
An epidemic? A bout?
What is your notion?
What have you got?
If I could just get there,
Only for a minute,
I need to know how I'd fare,
If I was in it.

I'm not furious,
It's all the worry,
That's making me curious,
Why don't you hurry,
And take me where you've been,
I want to have a clue,
If brown will be the new green,
And black, the new blue.

We're here at last,
It's scary, what I see,
Now take me back fast,
They're coming after me,
Muffled, I shout,
Hands tied behind my back,
My eyes gouged out,
I'm having a panic attack.

5 comments:

farustar said...

hmmm....

Echo said...

"Not with a bang but a whimper."

Da Rodent said...

omg.

Mnaz said...

eyes gouged out...the element of gore adds a nice touch to the overall despair, desperation and doom.

srivatsa said...

Everyone has panic attacks but very few can possibly put it across so vividly in black and white. Rhyming comes naturally to you - that is a precious gift - not to appear contrived. Keep it up!